This client has a high reputation to uphold when it comes to innovation and continuous investment in the latest production facilities. Working closely together with this client, Hellings devised and realized a flexible packaging concept.
The retail boxes needed to be vibrated to reduce air space after filling. Furthermore, the retail boxes needed to retain the ability to have products added manually after filling, before the boxes were sealed.
Additionally, a solution needed to be added to enable the packaging of the retail boxes as well as the bags into outer boxes (American folding boxes).
The challenge of this project was the large diversity of products and packaging variants. In this packaging solution Hellings had, as per the client’s request, integrated several machines into the layout, such as:
- 2-mix multihead weigher
- vertical packaging machine
- destacking unit for retail boxes
- continuously moving lid-shutting machine for retail boxes
- checkweigher with metal detection
- box set-up machine and box sealing machine, both for American and retail folding boxes
- box printer
- a manual continuously moving sealing station for preformed bags